|The Ultimate Sajda|
‘O Land Of Kerbala, My Son Is Innocent…’
This is the lament of Sayyeda Fatemah (A) today, as we commemorate the spilling of holy and innocent blood of her son, Hussein (A), his family, relatives and companions in Kerbala, Iraq, some 1,400 years ago. Hundreds of millions worldwide will grieve, shed untold tears of anguish, inflict pain on selves and share the agony of this superb human being who surrendered not only his life, but that of his entire male family, save an ailing son. Hussein’s (A) martyrdom set the stage for his family to be looted, taken captives, paraded uncovered and imprisoned in most inhumain ways. In doing this, Hussein (A) gave root to the most powerful movement for worlds oppressed and downtrodden; that of revolution against tyranny and injustice. All this for, and only for, the pleasure of Allah (S); nothing else mattered.
Hussein (A) will prostrate today, his final one, this from the heir of all prophets. What a sajda, however! A sajda which surpasses that of Adam, Ibrahim, Moosa, Issa and Mohammed – peace on them all. A sajda that is uncompromising against an onslaught on Islam, an adamant refusal to bow in front of tyranny, brutality and subjugation. A sajda that reignites the want for long extinguished human dignity and self-respect, a sajda that today fires up oppressed masses in countries from Morocco to Bahrain, and beyond. For the return of human dignity and justice that will continue to passion up people to rise up and really live. Live with dignity and justice, live a little bit like Hussein (A).
So I (and like minded people in today’s world), dedicate my life to the mission of this blessed personality, the inheritor of Allah’s religion on earth, grandson of Prophet Mohammed (S), son of Ali (A) and Fatema (A), brother of Hassan (A), brother of Zaynab and Kulthoom and father to nine other infallibles (A).
O Hussein (A), because of this sacrifice, I will educate myself, so that:
1. I will not accept subjugation, injustice, degradation or humiliation, from no matter who or how powerful the culprit.
2. I will submit only, and only to the will of Allah (S), as enlightened in His book, the glorious Quraan and follow laws laid down therein by His Seer (S) and the Aaimaas (A).
3. I will conduct myself as a proper Muslim, my behavior criteria much above other individuals.
4. I will cherish and lament the memory of Hussein (A) through Zainab (A) and Sajjad’s (A) powerful gift of majaalisis of azaa in dignity, appropriate for their mission. I will certainly not follow rituals and will definitely not spill blood (mine or anybody else’s) in Hussein’s (A) sanctified name, no matter what and how much (some) learned or popular aalims preach to the contrary.
5. I will simply ignore ‘aalims’ who misuse the pulpit to insult other faiths (sects) or personalities and focus on mending my moral blemishes. I will propagate the mission and mention of Hussein (A) by concentrating on his virtues and qualities rather than other’s vices and evils. I firmly believe your lovers (current and ones that come later, till the Day of Judgement) will cherish your memory, as promised by the Prophet (S) until your holy blood is avenged by the Mahdi (A).
So here is my salute, my intense salutation and sacrifice of my life, easily, to you, O Performer Of The Ultimate Sajda, on this catastrophic day of Aashoora. My profound salutation to your sons, sisters, brothers, cousins, nephews, nieces, friends and companions who laid their lives in your cause. My intense and profound salutation to the severe thirst and hunger that gripped your young children; for the intense pain and hallowed blood that was shamelessly spilled from your sacred bodies.
And by doing ALL this I may, perhaps, be able to salvage (some) redemption and intersession from your mother, Lady of Light Fatemah (A).
|23 Water Wells Project Completes In Afghanistan|
Alhamd’Allah, 23 water wells project completed all across Afghanistan last month, from Bamiyaan to Nilli and Khajaraan. These were dug in areas where water resources are scarce and momeneen, especially women and children, spend an ordinate time in its procurement. We share few photos of completed wells here.
|Mass Marriages – Afghanistan|
CAI donors assisted in marriages of 100 poor couples in Khajraan, Dykoondi Province, Afghanistan. This is a very improvised area and very tough to access or travel to. Each couple received new wedding clothes, household furniture, kitchen appliances and participation in a mass waleema. CAI donors have now assisted in the marriages of over 1,200 couples in Afghanistan. Here are few photos of marriages at Khajraan.